Marrakesh Menara Airport, Mhamid Airoport, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
!Experience all the magic of Morocco! November is one of the worst months in UK but the best period to visit Morocco. The main topic of this trip is the Moroccan culture (people, villages, food, traditions), the desert and landscape (dunes, oasis, mountains, rivers, palms and rocks), exploring souks of Marrakech and the cherry on the cake: Mount Toubkal Trek!
- Cross the magnificent Tichka Pass in the High Atlas mountains and pass through many Barber villages, Visit Gorge du Dades, riverside oasis and Valley of the Roses.
- Enjoy a camel trek and sleep in Berber tents in the middle of the desert and enjoying the amazing view of incredibly bright stars. See the most famous sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and experience the sunset with dinner and sunrise with breakfast in the mystical atmosphere of the Sahara.
- Climb the highest mountain in North Africa!
- Visit Ait Ben Haddou, a small town with one of the best-preserved and most sought-after Kasbah’s to visit in all of Morocco, on UNESCO (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNESCO)World Heritage Site (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Heritage_Site) since 1987. Several films have been shot in Aït Benhaddou (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_films_shot_in_Morocco), including The Jewel of The Nile, The Mummy, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Prince of Persia and Game of Thrones.
- Explore the souks (bazaars) of Marrakesh. Visit Djemaa El Fna, the famous square where young and old alike gather every day to enjoy arts and crafts, storytellers, snake-charmers, herbal doctors and jugglers. As darkness falls food-stalls appear and you would be forgiven for feeling that you’d stepped back a thousand years or more.
- Cross the magnificent Tichka Pass in the High Atlas mountains, pass through many Barber villages, visit Gorge du Dades, riverside oasis and Valley of the Roses. Climb the most famous sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. Enjoy a camel trek and sleep in Berber tents in the middle of the desert and enjoying the amazing view of incredibly bright stars. Experience the sunset with dinner and sunrise with breakfast in the mystical atmosphere of the Sahara.
Duration of the trip: 7 days — Saturday, November 10th to Friday, November 16th
What is included:
- Local experienced guide.
- 3 nights in Hotel/Riad/Auberge in twin/double rooms with breakfast
- 1 night in an authentic Berber tent on the Sahara Desert with breakfast
- 1 night in Toubkal Refuge dormitory (3200 m a.s.l. ! )
- Guided Mount Toubkal Trek
- Camel trekking on Sahara desert-2 rides- during sunset and sunrise.
- Sightseeing in Ait Bin Haddou
- Meals: breakfasts and dinners included. During our 2days trek, all meals included.
- Transportation between places-minibus.
What is not included:
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Sleeping bag during the Toubkal trek
Accommodation type: Hotel, Riad, Auberge and Berber tents – (2 people per room/tent). Single room supplement cost extra. If you are interested please contact us on email@example.com and ask if single rooms are still available.
(Auberge: an inn in a French-speaking country | Riad: (in Morocco) a large traditional house built around a central courtyard | Berber tent: a traditional Bedouin-style desert tent).
Easy Jet or BA. You have to arrive in Marrakesh on Saturday morning.
*As we have minimum and maximum numbers for each trip and we are taking bookings through various platforms, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org once you pay your deposit, to find out if your place has been confirmed and whether you can book the flights before purchasing them.
ITINERARY (can be subject to changes)
Flight from London to Marrakech 06:10 – 09:40
Getting through security and picking up luggage. If needed, make sure that you sort out your visas prior to the trip.
Meeting at the exit from the secure zone.
We start the adventure with a 2-hour drive from Marrakech. After a transfer to the little village of Imlil, we begin our trek. Heading along the Mizane Valley, we first pass the village of Aremd and then onto the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch. We then continue east and by crossing the flood plains our route takes us along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley. Crossing the river we eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims. From here the trail continues to climb steadily, snaking and zigzagging its way up to the snowline and the Toubkal Refuge (3206 meters), our stop for the night.
Dinner (included). We will have free time to relax and have a walk in Ait Ben Haddou.
Early in the morning of day 2, we make our attempt on the summit of Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa (4,167 metres). Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The trekking is relatively straightforward, but the screen and the altitude will make it a bit tricky in parts. But the landscapes along the way are spectacular and absolutely breathtaking. When you reach the summit you will see that it has all been worthwhile and your reward is unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. We will stay at the top for a while before we retrace our steps.
After breakfast, we will leave Imlil. First, we cross by car the spectacular Tizin’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas mountains. You will pass through many Berber villages, and once in the desert, riverside oasis and barren hillsides are clustered with Kasbahs. After lunch, we drive further to Valley of the Roses, with beautiful views of the Dades valley, valley of a thousand kasbahs.
Overnight in Dades Gorge at Kasbah Chez Pierre.
Todra – Erg Chebbi
After breakfast, we drive to Todra Gorge and after a short stop there we drive on to the dunes of Erg Chebbi. We will arrive there around 4 and after a short break, you will ride camels into the dunes, where you will spend the night in Berber tents. After seeing a beautiful sunset you will enjoy a fantastic authentic dinner and a traditional Beduin party.
After viewing the most beautiful sunrise you will ride the camels back to the Auberge. From there it will be a long day driving to Ait Ben Haddou. Ait Benhaddou is a small town with one of the best-preserved and most sought-after Kasbah’s to visit in all of Morocco.
Here you will spend the night the Kasbah du Jardin
After breakfast drives back to Marrakech, again via Tichka pass. You will arrive in Marrakech early in the afternoon.
After check-in, you will have a free time to explore Marrakesh.
Overnight in Riad Africa or Riad Dar Malak.
Breakfast and free time to explore Marrakesh, dive into souks and try local food.
Airport transfer, flight back to London.
Early Bird Price: £549 (from May price will increase to £599)
Please make the payment in order to confirm your spot.
DISCLAIMER and T&Cs:
INSURANCE: You also confirm that you will be responsible for your own insurance so please make sure that it is at an appropriate level for this trip and the activities you will be participating in. In addition to your own Personal Civil liability insurance, you will need an individual insurance for multi-risk and multi-activity holidays (expenses of cancellation, research – help, repatriation, medical expenses, theft of luggage, etc.) appropriate for the activities to be undertaken as part of the holiday. The general travel insurance is often minimal and rarely adapted to the active holidays. Please check the details with your insurance provider.
BAD WEATHER: With all the crazy stuff happening with the weather recently, please note that we may be prevented from doing some of the activities due to unpredictable weather events. If this is the case replacement activities will be offered.
Please note that, unless the trip is cancelled, the payments are non-refundable, as the costs need to be paid in advance. However, you may be able to sell your place to your friends or other group members if you follow this procedure: http://katsadventures.com/#plx_progress_faq_section